ProNutro gets Active!
Aug 3rd 2012, 09:57
ProNutro is proud to introduce the Special Edition ProNutro Active range: A range of high protein shakes that have been formulated to meet the needs of an active individual who leads a high performance driven lifestyle. ProNutro Active is high in energy, carbohydrates and protein while also being low in fat, saturated fat and cholesterol.
The formula is in line with current evidence and guidelines for recovery nutrition across a range of sports and ranks high on the list of protein foods generally recommended for training requirements. A single serving of ProNutro Active is equivalent to two cups of pasta and a chicken breast.
When compared to ProNutro cereals, ProNutro Active is easier to consume, and lower in volume, fibre and fat with an improved carbohydrate-to-protein ratio. Containing 18 vitamins and minerals as the ever popular ProNutro cereals, ProNutro Active helps provide sustained energy throughout the day.
ProNuto Active shakes are a tasty, convenient and on-the-go meal supplement that mixes easily with either milk or water. The shake can be diluted to suit any dietary needs – whether you're on an energy-restricted diet, have high energy and protein requirements or have an active younger child. Available in 3 flavours – Vanilla, Tropical and Berry – ProNutro Active is the perfect addition to any active individual or family's daily meal plan.
ProNuto Active shake has several applications/can be used in many situations:
If you have high energy and protein requirements.
• If you are training for more than 1 hour or even twice a day and want to ensure that you have enough energy to cover your training needs, as well as enhance your recovery, you need to increase your energy intake primarily from carbohydrate and protein rich foods and drinks.
• 80 g ProNutro Active mixed with 300 - 360 ml water can meet high energy, high carbohydrate and high protein requirements and contribute towards your fluid requirements
• Lighter athletes (e.g. females and children) can use 40 g ProNutro Active mixed with 150 - 180 ml milk or water
• Use 40 g ProNutro Active added to 150 - 180 ml water plus a separate ±400 ml typical sports drink as a recovery snack/drink option. Bigger athletes (e.g. 80 - 100 kg) can double these amounts (i.e. 80 g ProNutro Active mixed with water and a separate 800 ml sports drink).
• If you want to gain lean muscle mass, it is important that you combine a high energy, high protein intake with a specific training programme AND that you strategically time your carbohydrate and protein intake around it.
• Use 80 g ProNutro Active mixed with 300 ml milk to achieve a more concentrated shake.
• You can also add 20 - 40 g ProNutro Active to ProNutro Breakfast cereal or add to a smoothie made up of fruit, yoghurt and milk.
• If appetite is really limited, enjoy 2 x 40 g servings.
• Make sure that you take this with you to training.
If you lack appetite:
• Eat smaller more frequent meals and snacks.
• Reduce bulky and filling foods and include more concentrated foods that are higher in nutrients and energy.
• Introduce energy- and nutrient-rich fluids and shakes between meals.
• For a convenient alternative to food, mix 80 g ProNutro Active with 300 ml milk or water.
If you are on an energy-restricted diet:
• Avoid extreme cut-backs of energy and nutrients still maintaining a regular exercise routine. 500 - 1000 kcal (2100 - 4200 kJ) deficit is a good guide.
• Aim for ½ -1 kg weight loss per week.
• Choose low fat nutrient-rich rather than high fat calorie-dense foods and drinks.
• Use 40 g ProNutro Active serving mixed either with 180 ml water or fat free milk to achieve a low fat snack/light meal option.
If you have a sport active younger child:
• Active children have increased nutrient requirements for growth and development and to cover the extra demands of regular exercise and activity.
• Plan regular meals and snacks including portable options for school and extramural activities in advance.
• Use a 20 - 40 g ProNutro Active serving mixed with low fat or full cream milk for a nutritious drink or snack option.Click here for more information on Bokomo
After months of intense research and product testing, Bokomo has created a formula for new Corn Flakes that are thinner, crispier and crunchier than before, pushing the product’s taste appeal clean off the charts.
Werda’s versatile new Chakalaka Beetroot Salad, a spicy salad with a uniquely South African flavour, was created following the success of Werda’s Sweet & Sour Beetroot Salad.
Maizena, South Africa’s favourite cornflour is now also available in an innovative, convenient and trendy new 500g tub that is easy to store and has a resealable screw-top lid.
Safari, South Africa’s favourite dried fruit brand has introduced two new fruity snacks with exotic tropical flavours.
Kellogg’s real people, real lives, real stories
25/07/2011 - 14:06
When you want to hear the truth, get it straight from your target market’s mouth! That’s the premise of Kellogg’s All-Bran’s new television campaign, featuring real brand advocates.