Manager, Maintenance and Engineering (EE), Cape Town
Dec 9th, 10:21
Our client is Headquartered in Bedfordview with nine facilities throughout South Africa. They are looking to fill the position for their Cape Town facility. The various facilities manages aviation planning, infrastructure development management, safety, compliance and environmental policy and standards, traffic analysis and research as well as service standards monitoring and geographic information system. It also operates retail, property and advertising business areas.
You will be responsible for:
* The Management of all Engineering activities involved in the design, development, construction, modification, maintenance and services of related infrastructure
* Management of operational and capital budgets
* Leading the Maintenance & Engineering team
* Ensuring operational effectiveness and efficiency in order to meet expectations of stakeholders and users of the facilities
* Providing a service to internal customers, stakeholders and facility users through the effective management of key processes such as the Helpdesk
* Ensuring compliance to the OHS Act, ICAO, CAA and other safety standards
* Keeping abreast with the latest technological developments within the Engineering environment.
Superior leadership capabilities should be supported by the following technical skills & competencies:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
* A GCC (Government Certificate of Competence) is essential
* Minimum 8 years’ experience managing complex Maintenance and Engineering
* At least 5 years in a leadership capacity
* Solid understanding of Tender and Budgeting Processes and computer literacy using SAP or Oracle and/or any other MMS (Maintenance Management System).
The ideal candidate must have the ability and drive to lead a diverse team. The successful candidate must have strong customer focus and must have good planning and problem solving skills. The environment calls for someone with strong analytical ability and the ability to deal with pressure.
To apply, please email your CV to
Closing date 15 January 2014