SIMBA: Shoprite/ Boerewors Promotion
Aug 30th 2012, 12:48
Stand a Chance to win 1 of 3 Jetmaster Braai sets worth R7 000 each.
This Competition runs from 11th July – 9th September 2012
How to enter:
To stand a chance to win one 4-burner Jetmaster Braai sets valued at seven thousand Rand (R7, 000) each, you must buy any one (1) Simba Large Bag Product or Simba Party Bag product from a Shoprite, Checkers or Checkers Hyper Store; SMS “Simba” and your till slip number to 34700. Please read the Terms and Conditions.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Simba Boerewors Jetmaster Braai Competition Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) carefully. These Terms apply to all persons entering the “Simba Boerewors Jetmaster Braai Competition” (“the Competition”) conducted by Simba (Proprietary) Limited, situated at Andre Greyvenstein Avenue, Isando, with P O Box 99, Isando, 1600, Tel: (“Simba”). If you do not agree to be bound to any or all of these Terms please do not enter the Competition. Instructions on how to enter this Competition and all prizes form part of these Terms. If you take part in this Competition, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If your entry does not comply with these Terms, you will be disqualified and you will not win any prizes. Simba can change these Terms at any time. Any changes to these Terms will be published on the Simba Website.
1. This Competition is open to all South African residents or South African Citizens over the age of eighteen (18) years (any persons under the age of eighteen (18) must have their parent/guardian’s permission before entering). However, the following persons may not enter the Competition or win the prize(s): directors, members, business partners, employees, sales agents, advertising agency staff, advisors or consultants of Simba, its associated companies, service providers and the immediate family members of these persons (including their spouses, life partners, parents, children, brothers and sisters) and any other person who is controlled directly or indirectly by Simba, as well as the associated companies of entities or persons mentioned in this paragraph, including holding companies and subsidiaries, their employees, agents, subsidiaries and consultants.
2. The Competition will start on 11 July 2012 at 00:01 and will close on 09 September 2012 at 00:00. If you enter the Competition outside of these times, your entry will be invalid.
3. How the Competition works:
To stand a chance to win one (1) 4-burner Jetmaster Braai valued at seven thousand Rand (R7, 000), you must buy any one (1) Simba Large Bag Product or Simba Party Bag product from a Shoprite, Checkers or Checkers Hyper store; SMS “Simba” and your till slip number to 34700.
4. How to enter:
4.1. To enter the Competition, you must buy any one (1) of the following Simba Large Bag products OR Simba Party Bag products at a Shoprite, Checkers or Checkers Hyper store: Simba 125 g, Lays 125 g, Niknaks 150 g, Dorito’s 150 g, Frito’s 100 g, Fritos 120 g, Ghost Pops 100 g, Chipstix 100 g, Simba Peanuts 150 g, Simba Peanuts 450 g, Simba Peanuts and Raisins 150 g, Simba Peanuts and Raisins 450 g and Simba Baked 120 g OR Lays 200 g, Dorito’s 250 g, Niknaks 200 g; and SMS the word “SIMBA” and your till slip number to 34700.
4.2. Each entry must contain a till slip number which will be used to verify your purchase.
4.3. You must keep your till slip as proof of purchase. Should you be drawn as a winner you will be asked to provide the till slip used to enter the Competition. You may not claim the prize without a valid till slip.
4.4. The till slip must be from a Shoprite, Checkers or Checkers Hyper store and must reflect the required purchase made on or after the start date of the Competition but before the end date of the Competition.
4.5. To enter the Competition, you will need to pay not more than R1.50 (one rand fifty) per SMS entry. Free minutes do not apply.
4.6. You will be responsible for the cost associated with the SMS set out in paragraph 4.5.
4.7. Simba will not be responsible for SMS’s sent erroneously to numbers outside of the indicated shortcode set out in paragraph 4.1.
4.8. Simba will not be responsible for any technical glitches beyond Simba’s control.
4.9. When you enter the Competition you will get an instant SMS advising you of your entry into the draw.
4.10. Should you have entered the Competition before or after the Competition start or end dates, your entry will be invalid and you will get an instant SMS advising you of this.
5. Selection and announcement of winner(s)
5.1. Three (3) winners will be selected at random by way of a draw conducted by Simba or a person appointed by Simba and the prize, a 4-burner Jetmaster Braai valued at (seven thousand
Rand (R7000.00), will be awarded to each of the three (3) winners of the Competition.
5.2. The draw will take place on Wednesday, 12th September 2012.
5.3. Winners will be contacted telephonically after the draw has taken place.
5.4. Simba will try to contact the winner on the telephone number used to enter the Competition. If, however, you cannot be reached after six (6) attempts have been made during business hours within a period of seventy two (72) hours for any reason whatsoever, the prize will be forfeited and another winner may be selected in accordance with the Terms at the sole discretion of Simba.
5.5. You may enter the Competition as many times as you wish but you can only be drawn as a winner once.
5.6. All winners are obliged to sign and provide all documents as may be required by Simba in order for them to claim the prize. Any failure to claim the prize or refusal or inability to comply with the above will disqualify the winner and a new winner may be drawn in accordance with the Terms at the sole discretion of Simba.
5.7. If you are a winner, you cannot transfer the prize to someone else, or exchange the prize for cash or any other prize.
6. By entering the Competition the entrants indemnify Simba, their employees, agents and participating outlets from liability resulting from any loss, damage, injury suffered by the entrants.
7. Except as provided for in the Consumer Protection Act No.68 of 2008, the judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. Simba will not responsible for any delays in delivery of prizes.
9. Simba will not be held liable for any entrant that provides incomplete or incorrect details.
10. Simba can, at any time, verify the validity of entries and can disqualify any entrant who is in breach of these Terms.
11. The results of the Competition will be audited.
12. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE COMPETITION, SIMBA MAY PUBLISH YOUR NAME IF YOU ARE A PRIZE WINNER. IN ADDITION, SIMBA MAY ASK YOU TO TAKE PART IN EXCITING TELEVISION AND PRINT PROMOTIONS. THIS IS NOT COMPULSORY, AND YOU MAY CHOOSE NOT TO TAKE PART IN THESE PROMOTIONAL ACTIVITIES. IF YOU AGREE TO ENDORSE, PROMOTE AND/OR ADVERTISE THE PRODUCTS OF SIMBA, YOU WILL BE ASKED TO SIGN AN IRREVOCABLE PERFORMANCE RELEASE WHICH ALLOWS SIMBA AND ITS REPRESENTATIVES TO PHOTOGRAPH AND FILM YOU FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES RELATED TO THE COMPETITION AND THE RELEVANT PRODUCTS, WITHOUT PAYMENT OR ADDITIONAL COMPENSATION FOR A PERIOD OF 12 (TWELVE) MONTHS AFTER THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE WINNERS.
13. The Competition shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of South Africa.
14. SIMBA, ITS ASSOCIATED COMPANIES, EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, PARTNERS, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS AND / OR CONSULTANTS WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURY OR ANY HARM OR ANY LOSS ARISING FROM ANY ACT OR OMISSION OF SIMBA IN RELATION TO THE COMPETITION, OTHER THAN HARM ARISING AS A DIRECT CONSEQUENCE OF GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR AN INTENTIONAL WRONGFUL ACT ON THE PART OF SIMBA, ITS AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, PARTNERS, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS AND / OR CONSULTANTS.
15. If required by the Minister for Trade and Industry, the Lotteries Board or for reasons beyond Simba’s control, Simba will be entitled to terminate the Competition, by providing reasonable notice of the termination on its website.
16. A copy of these Competition Terms and Conditions is available on the Simba website at www.simba.co.za or can be collected from Simba Head Office from Anelia Prinsloo in Trade Marketing.Click here for more information on Simba
Milestones are meant to be celebrated and South Africa’s favourite fun-time snack, NikNaks or amaNikNaks as its affectionately known in the township, delights in over 40 years of being part of consumers’ snacking lives.
Lay’s has introduced a new 60g Munch Bag to their range of snacks. The Munch Bag is a first for Lay’s, and is the ideal size for consumers looking for the perfect snack to enjoy by themselves.
Leading snack and beverage company Simba, has revamped their website, www.simba.co.za, in order to reflect a new refreshed look and feel as well as keep the market informed on all new happenings within the company.
For the third consecutive year, leading snack and beverage company Simba has again been named as one of South Africa’s Top Employers for 2014.
Nicolway Bryanston Shopping Centre reports excellent first-year trade
15/05/2013 - 10:47
Achieving consistent growth in spend and a devoted shopper base, Nicolway Bryanston Shopping Centre has made its first year of trade, and its unusual concept, a success story.
Shoprite and Checkers announce a world first with Instant Shopping Discounts on Cellphones
26/11/2012 - 09:15
Shoprite Checkers are first with the unveiling of a world leading technology that enables consumers to get instant shopping discounts on their cell phones, which can be redeemed at Shoprite and Checkers stores.
Ramsay puts SA supermarket to the test
30/10/2012 - 08:02
Celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay has put a local supermarket chain and their butchery to the test.
Shoprite lifts sales on Africa business
30/10/2012 - 07:34
Johannesburg - Africa's biggest grocer Shoprite Holdings [JSE:SHP] booked a 15.6% jump in first-quarter sales helped by a robust showing outside its core South African market and favourable currency swings.
Pietermaritzburg’s Scottsville Mall celebrates its new makeover
29/10/2012 - 08:18
The Mall at Scottsville on Pietermaritzburg’s busy Durban Road revealed its new look to shoppers today with the 8,500m² first phase of its extensive revamp.